Thursday, May 29, 2014

Almost there, but first a little diversion in New JERSEY (Not "Joisey". NEVER "Joisey")

This weekend is my (mumble mumble)th college reunion.  So we planned all along to make a stop in my native state before heading on to Europe.  I went to Douglass College, at the time the women's division of Rutgers University, when they still had all-male and all-female schools. 

But let me tell you about US Airways:  they are okay.  I will continue to use them, but I think I will drop my US Airways Dividend Miles card.  It's supposed to give me "preferred" boarding -- Zone 2 and it does. 

BUT....before they get to Zone 2, they go through preboarding, military, diamond, platinum, silver, ruby, sapphire, preferred, & gold and those were just the various "levels" I remembered.  It turned my whoop-de-do "Zone 2" in the "cubic zirconium" level. 

Sheesh.

But we took off on time, landed on time and only had a few instances of turbulence -- nothing horrible.  We got our rental car and fought the traffic problems on the NJ Turnpike.  Now Gene is happily hunkered down with his new camera.  I've converted him to QVC and he bought a Canon Rebel that he always wanted and they shipped it here so it would be waiting for us when we checked in.

And now off to find something to eat.  The hotel has a restaurant, but .....it's HOOTERS (I'm not making this up.  I wish I were).  So back to the awful truck route known as Rt 18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment