Saturday, May 17, 2014

Gettin' Close !!!

OMG!  11 DAYS and counting.  No more "___ weeks until..."  It seems like my obsessive-compulsive self has sooo many things to do, but I keep reminding myself that we could pack up and leave tomorrow and fake it. 

At any rate, for those of you who laughed every time I said "Oh this [piece of jewelry]? Got it from QVC", just know that I took a bunch of it I wore happily over the years, but slowly put away when something else came along that caught my eye, and went to a pawn shop and then went to a local entity that purchases gold.  And I walked out with enough cash to fund all our incidentals for the entire vacation.  Airfare, accommodations, train travel & tours are all paid for and all we needed was cash for food, incidentals, souvenirs, etc.  And now that's taken care of as well.

So all that jewelry came in handy (and don't worry; I still have way too much left).

Next up:  figuring out the new camera I bought a couple of months ago, so I can use it on the fly and not have to futz around with the settings and figuring out the new phone & SIM card that will be usable in Europe.  I learned that JackBauer (what I call my iPhone because it does everything) is just that:  JACK Bauer.  It's not "HRM Jack" or "Jacques" or "Juan" Bauer and is only usable in the US.  I'll bring it along for wifi opportunities, but need a phone that can text & call.  Got one and now I have to figure out how to start it up and use it. 

Such challenges over the next less-than-2 weeks.  (such first-world problems) 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you funded part of your trip with some of your QVC jewelry! I'm going to be a QVC convert before you know it.

    - Sherry

    ReplyDelete