Thursday, June 12, 2014

Paris at me feet

According to my Fitbit, there were approximately 350 steps, up a narrow circular stairs until you get to the upper level.  It's not impossible, but not easy.  And once you get up there, your reward is pretty cool:


From up here, you really get to see how beautiful these old buildings are.  Paris had -- and I think still does -- an ordinance that you can't build tall buildings within the center city.  Nothing to overshadow that Tower.  So the views are always great.  The tall buildings spring up on the outskirts.  But here are more views of my "reward".  By the way, I first climbed to the top of Notre Dame in 1972, when I was about 25.  I don't think they had all that webbing protecting you from the edge.  Times sure changed (as the amount of lawyers increased?)

Selfie with Gargoyle
 

Here we are, proving age is just a number and you can get to the top still alive to enjoy the view
 

Gargoyle


Gargoyle with Eiffel

 
 
And when you're done with all this climbing -- when this vacation is over, I'm not climbing any stairs for at least a month.  So, seriously -- you get to reward yourself with a lunch on Champs Elysees where you can people-watch.
 
 

Somewhere, through the back of the umbrellas, the Arc d'Triomphe is standing.  But it isn't Paris, imho, unless you can have a glass of wine and a nosh on the Champs Elysees.

No comments:

Post a Comment