Sunday, June 1, 2014

45 Years and Counting....

Still recuperating from yesterday's college reunion.  I've only missed one since I graduated; I fly back every 5 years to hang out with the same women I hung out during my 4 years.  This reunion was touched with sadness -- we lost one of the women to cancer earlier in the year and I learned that another woman is with her husband in the hospital 24/7 as he battles a rare, but aggressive form of cancer.  And he was totally healthy and symptom-free in January when I saw him at the funeral.  And still another woman broke her hip in an exercise class since I saw her in January as well (note to self:  perhaps being a couch potato isn't that bad?) and chose to skip the festivities.  So it was a strange reunion I walked into.

But enjoyable, nonetheless, as I met up with other woman I went to high school with and who attended Douglass.  We laughed, took a (long!) walking tour of the campus, chatted with current students, and plotted how we wanted to march into the morning Convocation in 5 years when we became the "Vanguard" class on the occasion of our 50th reunion (winning idea:  tie-dyed t-shirts with peace symbol emblem, bell bottoms and about 10 seconds into our staid marching down the aisle, break out 60's music and start to boogie the rest of the way).
                                                                                    

Our class poses for its reunion photo.  This is how they get all our names right on the final product.

And then the final picture is taken.  The woman in front, 3rd from the right, won the prize for having traveled the farthest -- she flew in from Hawaii just for the reunion! 

Gene and I attend the reunion dinner.  I'm looking through the yearbook to see photos of classmates.  Found many, but never found the answer to this question: 

WHO IS THIS WOMAN?
|
|
|
v



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! As predicted, you're the best looking one there. Do you realize your smile is bigger now than it was back When? Happiness and fulfillment become you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked beautiful then and you look beautiful now! I am in complete agreement with Kebba about your smile!

    ReplyDelete